White lettering on edge of rim, blue lettering in the center, with red background
The Auburn Automobile Company (1903-1936) was begun in 1875 as the Eckhart Carriage Company by Charles Eckhart of Auburn, Indiana. WWI forced the car maker to close its plant and Eckhart's sons later sold.
It wasn't until 1924 that Errett Lobban Cord, a successful car salesman, was approached to run the company. His response was to take over the entire company which he did, leaving his mark on automotive history. It is this period that our button belongs to. It is here that Cord partnered with Duesenberg Corrporation to launch a line of expensive luxury automobiles.
These vehicles displayed state of the art engineering and didn't skimp on visual appeal. They are arguably some of the most beautiful motor vehicles ever manufactured. Timing, though, was not on their side and the Depression contributed to the end of production in 1937. The products of this collaboration continue to be highly sought after due to their rarity, design and styling.
Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Club (includes the company logo displayed in our button)