Red white and blue illustration of a campfire with a blue triangle around it with white text on it and red text across the top on a white background
Camp Fire candy sales began in February 1949. The selling of products has long provided youth with the opportunity to learn vital skills such as: presenting, planning, public speaking, math, teamwork, responsibility and goal setting. The Camp Fire Girls organization was founded in 1910 by Dr. Luther Gulick and his wife Charlotte Gulick. The Gulicks wanted youth to have experiences that would best influence how they learned to care for themselves, the environment, and other people around them. Camp Fire Girls was meant as a sister organization to the Boy Scouts of America. Membership was expanded to include boys in 1975 and the organization changed its name to Camp Fire Boys and Girls.