White background with dark green curved text at top with a green illustration of a highly decorated arch with horses and people on top of the arch with large black numbers across the arch.
BASTIAN BROS. CO MFR'S OF RIBBONT, METAL AND CELLULOID NOVELTIES ROCHESTER N.Y. UNION BUG
The Brandywine Springs Amusement Park was extremely successful from 1900-1916 partly as a result of the Wilmington and Western Railroad having a line running directly to the property. People could also access the park via the People's Railway which was a trolley line that ran from downtown Wilmington, Delaware. There was no entrance fee and guests could either sit and enjoy a picnic or partake in the entertainment provided. Amenities were available for a fee and included a roller coaster, a dance hall, several theaters, a carousal and a boardwalk. In addition there was a full service restaurant and several smaller food vendors. The increased availability of the automobile led to the park's demise. The entrance archway to the Brandywine Springs Amusement Park was built in 1901. It was made completely out of wood and was covered with over 100 electric light bulbs. An inscription "Let all who enter here leave care behind" reminded those who were entering the park that it was a place of relaxation and enjoyment.