My Button, My Choice: A fundraiser for The Button Museum
Join us for a night of beer and button at the Button Museum's inaugural fundraiser.
Party starts at 5:30pm with a presentation on the History of Cause buttons at 6:30pm.
Food genrously provided by Big Delicious Planet.
DATE AND TIME
Mon, March 20, 2017
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM CDT
Lagunitas Brewing Company, The TapRoom
2607 West 17th Street
Chicago, IL 60608
About the fundraiser:
The Button Museum operates on a $10,000 a year budget, which is currently funded by Busy Beaver Button Co. That money covers the librarian wages and the cost of button acquisition. In order to grow the museum and keep our 501C3 status, we must start accepting contributions from the public.
Our goal for 2017 is to receive $4,000 in donations.
How the funds will be used:
The $4,000 will be used to update the online museum. Our goal is to improve user experience, increase educational content, and increase interaction with the collection.
ButtonMuseum.org Wish List:
• A general re-design to make it easier to find information
• Create additional exhibits on specific topics like “Space Travel”or “Causes”
• Make the images of the buttons easier to share on social media
• Include virtual tours with video of the collection
• Add our zine, “A Very Brief History of Buttons”
• Add new content that people have already requested, like an article on how to spot fake buttons and a collector’s resource page.