An illustration of a plow on a black background. Surrounding the plow is a white ring filled with black text in a circular formation.
The Cook County Truck Gardeners and Farmers Association (CCTG and F) began in 1902. It was a cooperative of local farmers who drove their produce into Chicago for sale. At its height during the middle twentieth century, the CCTG and F had its own insurance company, owned real estate, had about three thousand members, and was the largest organization within the Vegetable Growers’ Association of America. The CCTG and F disbanded during the 1960s. This button likely dates from its 1941 annual conference.
(Source: “Truck farmers mark 50 years of co-operation,” Chicago Sunday Tribune, February 17, 1952. Retrieved from http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1952/02/17/page/201/article/truck-far....)