Black and red text on a off white background
The Dane County Fair was first hosted in 1851 near Yahara River, and later moved to Camp Randall, a future Civil War camp site. In 1871, the fair recommenced and served as a celebration of the end of the war, though it struggled into the 1930s to find funding to keep ownership of its location. After the Agricultural Society was replaced by the Dane County Fair Association, the fair grew to be a successful summer event in the Madison area. Today, the fair is centered around community outreach and education, working to connect both local and visiting families to the agricultural roots of Wisconsin.
"Historial Highlights". Dane County Fair. Retrieved from http://www.danecountyfair.com/pages/History.php.