Illustration of a deer with antlers in the center, with black text on a white background
Port Jervis, New York was an important railway hub which made it an ideal site for a brewery. The Deer Park Brewing Company was established in 1899. The brewery closed in 1922, but the original brick and steel gates still function for the site's new role as the town's water reservoir. The beer aging caverns still exist as well, sealed off decades ago but still visible from the outside.