THE WHITEHEAD & HOAG CO.
BUTTONS BADGES NOVELTIES AND SIGNS
The Edison Illuminating Company was founded by Thomas Edison. In 1882, the company began operating in New York using Edison's patented electricity distribution system. The system made it possible for homes and business to purchase electric lighting at a price that was competitive with existing gas utilities. By it's 50th anniversary in 1932, the company was the largest electrical service provider in the world, and it still operates today under the name Con Edison.