Black and white photograph framed by yellow with black text contained within a metal button.
The button is believed to have been a Heywood-Wakefield Company employee identification badge. Five brothers from Gardner, Massachusetts founded a small furniture manufacturing company in 1826. It was successful and expanded into, among other places, Chicago's West Side, where it build a warehouse (1883), a factory (1884), and a salesroom (1891). In 1913, the Chicago facilities were expanded with the sale of one million dollars of general stock. In 1921, the company became the Heywood-Wakefield Company under Massachusetts law when it liquidated its New Jersey holdings. The employee identification badge dates from 1921 or after since it reads "Heywood-Wakefield Co."
Source: Heywood-Wakefield Company. (1926). A completed century, 1826-1926: The story of Heywood-Wakefield Company. Retrieved from https://archive.org/details/completedcentury00heyw.