Red and orange text on white background.
The Village of Tinley Park was incorporated in 1892, but the area was already being settled as the 1830s. As the country’s railroad empire was growing, the Village of Bremen was located on the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad lines in 1853. This influenced the Village’s rapid expansion, and in 1890 the name Bremen was changed to Tinley Park, in honor of the Village’s first railroad station agent, Samuel Tinley Sr.
Today, Tinley Park is best known throughout the Chicago area for its world-renowned Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre entertainment venue that seats 28,000. After its centennial (1992), Tinley Park from the late 20th century to the present has been focused on renovation of its downtown historic district. Landowners are encouraged to maintain the historic edifices or to create new, historically friendly facades for otherwise non-historic buildings built in the last 30 years.
Mayor's Corner. (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2019, from https://www.tinleypark.org/test11/mayor_s_corner.php.
Tinley Park, Illinois. (2019, October 16). Retrieved November 17, 2019, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinley_Park,_Illinois.