A black and white image of a federal building between black text on a yellowed background.
Manufactured by ST. LOUIS BUTTON
St. Louis, Mo Pat. Aug. 8 '99
The Central Brewing Company of East St. Louis, Illinois made Paragon beer. The Central Brewing Company was founded in 1901 and operated under that name until 1906, when it merged into Independent Breweries Company before being shut down by Prohibition in 1923. Once Prohibition was lifted, the company began brewing again, under the name Central Breweries. The name of the company changed several times before closing in 1949.
The East St. Louis Courthouse was dedicated on October 25, 1909 marked by an appearance of the President, William H. Taft. Other important guests at the ceremony were Vice President James S. Sherman, Speaker of the House Joseph Cannon, and several congressmen, governors, and mayors.
Paragon beer most likely was involved in the dedication ceremony, either as a sponsor or as a vendor.