|Text on Button||BEAVER FALLS 1930|
Black text on a white background
|Back Paper / Back Info||
BUNTING STAMP CO. 633 LIBERTY AVE PITTSBURGH, PA
Beaver Falls began as a borough located in western Pennsylvania, founded in 1868. The borough was named Middle Falls after the division of the Beaver River it borders, but was renamed Beaver Falls. The river was a key element of the borough’s early success as a source for manufacturing that included a mill and a forge. The forge was a great success due to the kidney ore found in the ground while the mill produced thousands of pounds of yarn each week. In 1930, the boroughs of Beaver Falls and College Hill consolidated into one city named Beaver Falls, which had a population of 17,147 people.
Beaver Falls Pennsylvania. (2020). History. Retrieved from http://www.beaverfallspa.org/history
U.S Department of Commerce Bureau of the Census. (1930). Fifteenth census of the United States: 1930. Retrieved from https://books.google.com/books?id=oe76l66yWQ0C&pg=PA958&lpg=PA958&dq=be…