Illustration of a fire over a hammer and a broom with blue text around the outer edge on a white background
The Camp Fire Girls of America organization was founded in 1910 by Dr. Luther Gulick and his wife Charlotte Gulick. The camp was created for youth to have experiences that would best influence how they learned to care for themselves, the environment, and other people around them. The camp program also thrives around family relationships with parents, grandparents and siblings. Camp Fire Girls was meant as a sister organization to the Boy Scouts of America. Membership was expanded to include boys in 1975 and the organization changed its name to Camp Fire USA and currently Camp Fire.