Quotation is in blank font and the brand name is in red cursive on a white background.
PAT JULY 21, 1896.
Distributed by The R.L Watkins Co., New York, NY for Sterling Remedy Company, Cascarets Candy Cathartic (later Laxative Tablets) were manufactured starting in 1869 and continuing well into the 1940s, when advertising of them stopped, although it is unclear when production of the tablets ceased. The ingredients in Cascarets were phenolpthalein and cascara, made from the bark of the Cascara Sagrada tree, native to British Columbia and long used by Native Americans as a laxative. The rectangular tins of six tablets sold for between ten and fifty cents, and were carried by most druggists.