|Text on Button||HAWTHORN-MELLODY Club of Champs MEMBER|
Brown text on an off white background
The Club of Champs was part of the Hawthorn-Mellody Farms & Amusement Park in Libertyville, Illinois. Dedicated as part of the farm in 1952, the Club of Champs building attracted visitors by displaying contemporary sports memorabilia. It was additionally advertised with the sale of beanie hats that included spots to attach Chicago White Sox player pins that Hawthorn-Mellody manufactured. The company also created a Club of Champs membership program that came with this button. In order to join, one had to send in two lift tabs or carton tops from Hawthorn-Mellody milk cartons. Along with the button, members received a personal letter, certificate, and membership card.
(1952). Advertising Paper for Hawthorn-Mellody "Club of Champs" Beanie. Hake's Americana & Collectibles. Retrieved at https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/77659/ADVERTISING-PAPER-FOR-HA….
(1952, Oct. 10). "Children enjoy a hayride to a picnic grove following dedication ceremonies at the Hawthorn-Mellody Club of Champs building." Chicago Tribune. Retrieved at http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-photo-gallery-a-history-of….