Black text and a black illustration of a triangle on a yellow background
Chicago based company, Delta Star was started in 1908 to produce electrical devices that generated and distributed electrical energy. During the early beginnings of the company, it produced "a complete line of high-voltage indoor and outdoor switches including disconnects, transfers, interrupters, and disrupters for single and group operation." In the 1950's, the company was purchased by the H.K. Porter company, renamed and moved to Belmont, California. Subsequent plants were opened and in 1980, the Chicago plant was closed. Though the original plant was closed, the Delta Star name was used at other plants in California and Virginia.
Source: About us. (2011). Retrieved 2015 from http://www.deltastar.com/AboutUs.aspx