|Text on Button||EVANS CITY OCT. 8, 1909 Y.P.C.U.|
Illustration of a building on a white background with black text and a decorative gold and navy blue rim.
|Back Paper / Back Info||
(union bug) Buttons made by The Whitehead & Hoag Co., Newark, N.J., U.S.A Pat. April 14th, 1886, July 21, 1886.
In 1909 Evans City, PA was a small town of about 1000 people with a train station and a brand new Trolley line. The train depot was famous because it was built over the Breakneck Creek and therefore was the only train depot built entirely over water. The Westminster United Presbyterian Church, in Evans City, was founded in 1837 and a new building was dedicated in 1888.
Gillespie, F. B. (1981). Youth programs of the United Presbyterian Church—an historical overview. Journal of Presbyterian History, 59(3), 309-382.