Black text on a red-orange background
Founded in 1893 as a loose alliance of Protestant foreign mission agencies in North America, the Foreign Missions Conference joined the National Council of the Churches of Christ in 1950. Missionary activity increased after World War II, as multiple regions faced major upheavals. Post-world war missionaries often focused on education and health issues in addition to their religious calling.
Latourette, K. (1966). Missionaries Abroad. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 368, 21-30.