Blue and red text on white background with red stripes on the bottom left and blue area on the right.
Judge & Dolph began as a pharmaceutical company in 1890 in St. Louis, however, the company incorporated in Illinois as a wine and spirits wholesaler in 1933. 1933 notably marks the year that prohibition was lifted. Judge & Dolph was purchased by the Wirtz Corporation in 1945. In 2009, The Wirtz Corporation changed the name of Judge and Dolph to Wirtz Beverage Illinois in order to better fit in with the parent company’s identity.
The Hiram Walker and Sons Distillery was established in 1858 by American entrepreneur Hiram Walker. The distillery was just west of Windsor, Ontario, (Canada) in what became Walkerville, Ontario. The Hiram Walker brand was sold in 1926 and changed hands several times throughout the rest of the century. In 1980, Judge & Dolph acquired the wholesale operations of Hiram Walker Distribution in Chicago. Hiram Walker distributing is now part of French company Pernod Ricard.