Oval with a black and white illustration of the lakeside surrounded by black text above and below on a white background.
ST. LOUIS BUTTON CO.
ST. LOUIS, MO.
The Lakeside Federation of Women’s Clubs was founded in 1888 and consisted of four clubs. The convention that was held in 1896 had an attendance of 484 women. The federation was comprised of clubs from northwestern Ohio and had been holding conventions annually until their last in July of 2013. These conventions served as a way for women to hear speakers of interest and network and interact with each other. The 56th and 59th conventions were covered in the Toledo Blade on July 4, 1950 and July 12, 1953 respectively. The annual conventions were two days long and included musical performances (piano players and opera singers), lectures (editor of the Toledo Blade and court clerk), meditations, meals, and other activities. Some of the topics that were presented on at these conventions were “The American Home – Our Greatest Asset” and “The Way of the World at the Moment.” IT appears that traditional and more progressive topics were discussed at these gatherings.