|Text on Button||MILWAUKEE BRAVES|
Image of a baseball with red text and two interlocking bats above
|Year / Decade Made|
This button was originally given out at the Milwaukee Braves stadium as a souvenir item during the 1950s. Beginning in 1953, the city of Milwaukee officially welcomed the Braves as their official baseball team. The Braves were the first major league franchise to move cities, an act that paved the way for more teams in the process. The Braves' time in Milwaukee lasted for thirteen years until the team moved to Atlanta following the 1965 season. While in Milwaukee, the Braves enjoyed two pennants in 1957 and 1958 as well as a World Series title, defeating the New York Yankees in game 7 of the 1957 series.
"Milwaukee Braves Baseball 1950s Stadium Souvenir Button. TedHake.com. Retrieved from http://www.tedhake.com/MILWAUKEE_BRAVES_BASEBALL_1950s_STADIUM_SOUVENIR….