Red illustration of children, in side profile, with a tray of lunch being handed to them. Black text and red text encirlces the illustration. White background.
This button is most likely related to the trend during the 1960s to make school lunches more nutritious and provide better sustenance for children. The federal National School Lunch Program was first established by President Harry Truman in 1946 as the foundation for good nutritional health among children in the U.S. In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson signed the Child Nutrition Act which established the School Breakfast Program as an extension to the National School Lunch Program. Then, in 1968, Congress created the Child Nutrition Act, which helped increase meals served to needy students. The Act also created the Summer Food Service Program.