White background with curved blue text on top and bottom and a horizontal line of blue text in the center of the button.
The Sisters of the Good Shepherd is an order of Catholic nuns that was established in Louisville, Kentucky in 1842. They ran a school and orphanage for girls. After the Civil War the sisters primarily served African American children. The intersection of 8th and Madison, the site of the original convent, no longer exists.
Short, D. (2018). Historical Marker Recognizes Good Shepherd in Louisville, Kentucky. Retrieved from https://sistersofthegoodshepherd.com/historical-marker-recognizes-good-s...