|Text on Button||SUNNY HILL Doodle Bug|
Illustration of a yellow and black vehicle with black text above and below it on a white background.
Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course is located in the Northern Catskills and has been family owned and operated since the 1920s when Peter and Gurine Nicholsen opened their farm to guests. The family added bungalows and slowly converted the farm into a fully functioning vacation retreat. After the barn burnt down in 1949 Sunny Hill no longer devoted any time to farming and went exclusively into the field of hospitality. Throughout the years the buildings and grounds have continued to be updated and refurbished. As the resort expanded new forms of transportation were employed to take guests on various day trips. The Doodlebug was one of these vehicles. The Doodlebug was originally a 1956 VW Bug that was converted into a vehicle to transport guests. The woodwork, on the Doodlebug, was handcrafted in the 1970s by a local man named Art Naperstek. The Doodlebug continues to be used to this day at the resort.