Illustration of two people playing tug of war over a pair of pants
LEGLER & CO. MFRS. WORKING CLOTHES DAYTON, O. FURNISH THESE BUTTONS FREE. WRITE THEM. W.& H. Co. PATENTED
JULY 17 1894
APRIL 14, 1896
JULY 21, 1896
In 1858, Thomas A. Legler of Dayton, Ohio, opened a clothing house specializing in overalls, shirts, and coats for the working man. Undergoing several reorganizations during the second half of the 19th century, the business was finally named Legler, Barlow, & Company, or Legler & Co. for short. The company operated up until the 1910s in the Montgomery County region of Ohio.
Brennan, J. (Ed.). (1879). A Biographical Cyclopaedia and Portrait Gallery of Distinguished Men, with an Historical Sketch of the State of Ohio (Vol. 3). Cincinnati, OH: John C. Yorston & Company.
Williams Dayton directory for 1909-1910: Embracing a full alphabetical record of the names of the inhabitants of the city of Dayton, Ohio, a business directory, city guide, etc. (1909). Cincinnati, OH: The Williams Directory Company.