White text on a blue background
This button commemorates the purchase of Carnegie Steel Company by the United States Steel Corporation. USS or U.S. Steel was a large corporation with control over many subsidiary companies. After the purchase of Carnegie Steel in the early 1900's, the subsidiary company changed the name to Carnegie-Illinois Steel Company in the 1930's.
Carnegie Steel was established in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania is the late 1800's by Andrew Carnegie.