Illustration of two flags and blue text on a white background
CHAS M GERAGHTY INC. CHICAGO
This button was issued prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor and symbolizes the alliance between the United States and Canada. It was produced to commemorate the November 11, 1941, dedication of the International Peace Monument at Belle Isle Park in Detroit, Michigan. The monument itself is a bench. The back of the bench displays an eagle with 13 stars to represent the United States, and a crown and lion representing Canada.