|Text on Button||THE JUNG BREWING CO. SUSTAINS LIFE RED HEART BRAND PILSENER CINCINNATI, OHIO. TRADE MARK|
Red heart on a black background in a small circle at the center of the button surrounded by a yellow boarder wtih blue text and an outer white border with blue text
|Back Paper / Back Info||
THE WHITEHEAD & HOAG CO. NEWARK N.J. PATENTED JULY 17, 1894 APRIL 14, 1896 JULY 21, 1896
In 1857, Peter Weyand and Daniel Jung established the Western Brewery on Freeman and Bank Streets in Cincinnati, Ohio. In 1879, Weyand and Jung partnered with Max Hellman and operated the brewery until 1885. In 1885, following the deaths of Peter Weyand and Daniel Jung, the brewery was renamed the Jung Brewing Company. The Jung Brewing Company operated from 1885 to 1890. In 1890, the brewery was sold and merged with Cincinnati Breweries Company.
See more photos of pre- and post-prohibition beer buttons on the Busy Beaver blog.