|Text on Button
|TINLEY PARK VOL. FIRE DEPT. LEARN NOT TO BURN ALL THROUGH THE YEAR
Black text and red image of fire on white background.
Tinley Park’s Fire Department was founded in 1901. They have been providing the area with fire services and information through community outreach and programs focusing on fire prevention, investigation, and education to advance public safety, making them very active in the community. The Tinley Park Fire Dept. was once volunteer based, but as the town of Tinley Park has expanded, the fire department has had to expand as well to better serve the community. There are now 4 strategically placed fire houses in the area. To ensure they are all fully staffed, firefighters are scheduled and paid per call, this change happening in 1976. The over 125 firefighters are scheduled part-time at one of the 4 fire-houses with a few key positions, such as fire chief, being full time.