|Text on Button||EIGHTY-THIRD ANNUAL SESSION OF THE MEDICAL SOCIETY of the state of North Carolina MAY 4-5-6, 1936 ASHEVILLE|
Blue text on a white background
|Back Paper / Back Info||
Hodges Badge Co. 166 Essex St. Boston, Mass.
|Year / Decade Made|
The North Carolina Medical Society was established in 1799 and their first Annual Session was held in 1849. There have only been four years since then without a Session, three years during the Civil War and one year during World War II. Annual Sessions are held in different locations across North Carolina each year. In 1849, only 25 doctors were in attendance but many more attend the Sessions today and the Association has over 12,000 members.
The back of this button references Hodges Badge Co. This company was founded in 1920 around Milford, New Hampshire. The family business moved to Boston a few years later and first set up shop in a two room loft space on Essex Street, then called Milk Street.
Hodges Badge Company's History. (n.d.). Retrieved January 31, 2019, from https://www.hodgesbadge.com/hodges-badge-companys-history/a/127/
North Carolina Medical Society. (n.d.). Retrieved January 31, 2019, from http://www.ncmedsoc.org/about-ncms/
North Carolina Medical Society. (2004). 150 Years of Leadership: The History of the North Carolina Medical Society’s Pioneering Physician Leaders [Brochure]. Author. Retrieved January 31, 2019, from http://www.ncmedsoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/NCMS_history_brochur…