|Text on Button||PABST MILWAUKEE TRADE MARK|
A golden 'B' rests on a black leaf encircled by a red border with yellowed text on a yellowed background encircling it.
|Back Paper / Back Info||
PABST MALT EXTRACT THE BEST TONIC
|Curl Text||PAT. JULY 21-1886|
When it was first brewed in 1844, Pabst Blue Ribbon was originally called Best Select. The Empire Brewery in Milwaukee, WI was eventually bought out by Captain Pabst. Pabst’s Best Select its first of many awards at the Centennial Celebration in 1876. It became known as the blue ribbon beer once Pabst began hand-tying blue silk ribbons around each the award winning beers. In 1889 the company’s changed its name to the Pabst Brewing Company. By 1892 nearly 1 million feet of ribbon was purchased and cut each year to adorn the bottles. In 1898 the beers name is officially changed to Pabst Blue Ribbon.