White text in center with green text along bottom curve on red background.
The Village of Tinley Park was incorporated in 1892, but the area was already being settled as the 1830s. The Village of Bremen was located on the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad lines as the railroad industry was rapidly expanding in the second half of the nineteenth century. This influenced the Village’s growth, and in 1890 the name Bremen was changed to Tinley Park, in honor of the Village’s first railroad station agent, Samuel Tinley Sr.
Today, Tinley Park is best known throughout the Chicago area for its world-renowned Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre entertainment venue that seats 28,000. After its centennial (1992), Tinley Park has been working on preserving the appearance of the downtown historical district. Store owners are encouraged to maintain the historic storefronts or to mimic that architectural style in newer buildings from the past 30 years.
"History of Tinley Park". The Village of Tinley Park. Retrieved July 22, 2020 from https://www.tinleypark.org/government/departments/clerk_s_office/a_histo....