Yellow background with large red letter U in quote in the center. Black medium text above the U. Small black text curves around top and bottom of button.
In 1938, The Union Commerce Bank, originally known as the Union Bank of Commerce, was founded in Cleveland, Ohio. Post-World War II, the bank changed its name, added more services, and expanded its reach to serve the newly created suburbs, eventually numbering over 40 branches. In 1949, the bank moved into the Union Trust Building located in downtown Cleveland. The bank endured financial troubles in the 1960s-1970s and ultimately was acquired by a larger Columbus-based company, Huntington Bancshares, in 1983.
Case Western Reserve University. (n.d.). Huntington National Bank of Northeast Ohio. https://case.edu/ech/articles/h/huntington-national-bank-northeast-ohio
Western Reserve Historical Society. (n.d.). History of the Union Commerce Building. http://catalog.wrhs.org/collections/view?docId=ead/MS5223.xml;chunk.id=b...